A UK spec, 2009 KTM 990 Adventure, with luggage an extras for sale.
– Registration: UK bike, first registered March 2009
– History: A KTM UK demonstrator (hence the Kettering reg number), which after 6 months, was sold by AMS Motorcycles, Tewkesbury (KTM dealer) to a garage salesman in Leominster (who runs a Royal Enfield dealership). I bought in from him in Sept 2010, with 4000 miles on the clock.
– Service History : 8000 mile (valve clearance etc) service done by Racing Centre Deurne (main Belgian KTM dealer) in Spring 2011. 12000 mile oil change done by me, using genuine parts in May. All filters and screens changed and oil tank drained.
– Mileage: Currently 12600 miles.
– Luggage : SW Motech racks and Trax Aluminum side cases, no top box (standard KTM rack). Excellent kit and better than the plastic KTM gobi cases. Lockable cases and racks.
– Other addons : SW Motech engine bars (fitted by me), along with fog lamps (not the retina burning type, good for being seen). Scott Oiler, with standard reservoir. Oxford heated grips.
– Tyres : Pirelli Scorpion AT’s front and rear useable (rear did 8000 and have spare front to be included with the bike).
– Usage: mainly on road, in UK, Ireland and Belgium in the last 12 months, not used at all this winter as laid up during house move. It does get used in rain, but hey, why own a bike otherwise.
– Condition: as with a used bike. Scott Oiler protects the LH exhaust as well as the chain and is messy, but chain life is excellent as a result. Some of the bolts are marked from road crap, which is a shame as older Adventures didn’t have this problem. Tool kit is complete, though has been used.
I’ve owned two Adventures since 2004 and they are great (oh and yes, apart from the icing issues, carb models were better !). The bike lives near Brecon, but will be out and about in UK and Belgium over the next couple of weeks, and can arrange to meet for a viewing. Will be London area next week (Thursday / Friday 5-6 July) and then later the following week.
Genuine reason for sale (*sigh*) and do need a bike, but will have to find something cheaper. Any further information needed then call me on +44 7720079845 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for something around £6900.